NIRVA - Northern Ireland Rural Valuers Association
NIRVA is the professional association for agricultural and rural valuers in Northern Ireland.
Founded in 2012, members advise farmers, landowners, lenders, charities, government and others on issues including
- valuation of land and rural property for all purposes including taxation and lending
- land occupation and management arrangements including conacre and tenancies
- compulsory purchase, whether for roads, water, sewerage, electricity, gas and other uses
- Agricultural and rural policies and payments, including the Basic Payment Scheme, agri-environment schemes and other schemes
- issues over diversification, renewable energy, telecommunication masts, etc
- dispute resolution, including arbitration, expert determination and mediation
Affiliation to the CAAV
In June 2015 NIRVA affiliated to the Central Association of Agricultural Valuers (CAAV) and so is now part of the UK-wide specialist professional association which has been representing, briefing and qualifying agricultural and rural valuers since 1910.
That gives NIRVA members the ability to be members of the CAAV with its larger resources as it:
- qualifies Fellows by examination, awarding the letters FAAV.
- upholds professional standards
- provides current technical and practical briefing to members through its website and News Letter so that members can be in the best position to advise clients.
- produces technical publications on current issues
- works with government at all levels in the UK over policy and practice bearing on rural property and business, seeking practical implementation.
- runs the jobs website for the profession
For further information on the Central Association of Agricultural Valuers, please visit www.caav.org.uk
Joining the CAAV
Professional valuers can join as Probationers and qualify as Fellows by examination. Those in full time education and interested in agricultural valuations can join as student members.
NIRVA with the CAAV
- meets regularly to review current professional issues and relevant policy developments, responding to Government and others where needed
- is part of the UK-wide discussion of these matters through the CAAV
- organises a Spring Briefing professionals
- holds tutorials to prepare probationers for the examinations
- holds other briefing events as necessary
- meets with DAERA, other government departments and bodies
- has published a full review of land occupation arrangements, tenancies, conacre and licences
- has published a guide to the place of agricultural tenancies
- prepares model land occupation agreements for members to use
As well as rural valuers, NIRVA welcomes membership from those in allied professions such as lawyers and accountants, offering a platform for discussion of issues at its programme of technical meetings.
Alexander Reid & Frazer
6 English Street
Tel: 02844 619966
Email: [email protected]
CAAV Secretary and Adviser
Harts Barn Farmhouse
Tel: 01452 831815
E-mail: [email protected]